Hi guys, welcome to the first Hodgepodge on the new blog! Things are not quite up and running over here but we are managing a little better. Special thanks to Joyce for hosting us when she is digging out from under the snow dumped on the east coast this week!
1. When did someone last suggest you ‘chill out’? Or, when did you last tell someone (or want to tell someone) to ‘chill out’? Or, when did you last tell yourself to ‘chill out’?
I tell myself to chill out a LOT, especially when I am having a personal summer!
2. What most recently caused your heart to melt?
I saw this video about a little girl wanting to buy a birthday cake for her grandfather. Made me melt. .
3. “An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered.” G.K. Chesterton
Your thoughts? When did you last experience either an adventure or an inconvenience? How did you see it at first, as an adventure or an inconvenience? Does it feel the same in hindsight?
One thing that came to mind was when The Ab-Cat and I drove down to Chicago to pick up The Boy and The Dane before Thanksgiving. They were moving from their off campus apartment into an on campus apartment and the new one was quite a bit smaller. They needed us to drive down and bring them and their plethora of books and other items back to store at our house. The day that worked best for everyone was a Thursday, so Abby and I left at noon after my BSF class. We drove all the way down there in sunshine and clear traffic. The ride home was a whole other story!
We left Chicago in rush hour traffic and when we finally got out of that mess we headed into a snowstorm that was nerve wracking and felt like I was driving in warp speed for hours. All of the above seemed like all inconvenience, but the part that felt like an adventure was we were bringing this little stinker home to live with us!
He was a perfect little traveller, it turned out to be a good adventure!
4. A Wendy’s Frosty, root beer in a frosty mug, or a frosted chocolate cupcake…of these three, which one is your favorite ‘frosty’ treat?
A Wendy’s frosty. It’s really a toss up between that and a chocolate cupcake, but not all chocolate cupcakes are equal in the cupcake world. I chose the sure thing.
5. Would you say your life so far this year has been more like a circus or a symphony? Explain why.
A little circus-y, but only in the sense that it has been unusual and a little bit in disarray. Our leadership circle at BSF has been struck several blows, one gal lost her husband and our class administrator’s husband is struggling with a brain aneurysm right now. It has been a month of praying and trying to help in any way we can.
6. Since it’s a ‘snow day’ here, what’s your favorite song containing the word ‘white’?
All I can think of is White Christmas. By Andy Williams, not Bing Crosby.
7. If you had to leave the city you currently live in, what would you find the hardest to leave behind?
The convenience of it. Our town has grown considerably since we moved here 26 years ago. I like that it has most everything I need to live daily life right here.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Since the new year Capri Deb has been coming to the Bible study at our church, which is AWESOME for several reasons! We get to study about the life of Moses together and learn how much God wants to dwell among us, AND we get to go to lunch after and get caught up on all the doings in our lives! A win/win any way you look at it!
i am so thankful for the many dear friends God has placed in my life. Sometimes I think He loves me best.
Have a productive week!