Hi Guys! So glad you stopped by! If you would like to join up with The Hodgepodge, click the button below and head over to Joyce’s to link. As always, special air kisses to Joyce for giving us all something to talk about!
1. Have you ever written a love letter? Have you written one recently? Had one written to you? Did you keep it?
I am sure I have but it has not been recently. I have a lot of cards and letters and notes from Honey when we were dating and newlyweds. He can be quite the romantic fellow! I keep them all in a box in the basement. I should get them out and read them. He was a big old hunk of Honey!
This jogged a memory for me. For the majority of our 29 years of marriage Honey has worked at night. He used to get home and go to bed before I woke up so we used to write notes to each other every day just to keep each other up to date on what we had been doing. Some of them were sweet, some were funny, a lot were probably mundane. It would probably be fun to read them now but I did not keep them.
2. What’s a movie that ends in a way you especially love?
Oh, there are SO many! Who doesn’t love the end of You’ve Got Mail? Or Dan in Real Life, or That Thing You Do?
3. Something that makes your heart sing? And for those of you who are parents, I mean something besides your children that makes your heart sing?
A beautiful day, spending time with family and loved ones, a worship song that meets me right where I am, and a really good God who intervenes in my life daily to show me that He cares for me and about what concerns me. I LOVE seeing a God fingerprint!
4. What’s the last event you had to attend, phone call you had to make, routine task you needed to complete, or meal you had to prepare, that you did do, but only half-heartedly?
Hmmm, there have been a lot of halfhearted meals in my day. I feel like going to events can be halfhearted, because I don’t always like to do things at night, but once I get there I am usually fine. I try and remember that the next time I have to do something I am halfhearted about!
5. Tuna fish salad-yay or blech? If you said yay, how do you like your tuna salad prepared? Hey, this is the Hodgepodge, right?
Yay, but not all faincy. Tuna, celery and mayo please.
6. What’s something you ‘know by heart‘?
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5&6
Literally and figuratively know by heart.
7. In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, what two or three word phrase would you write on a conversation heart for someone you love? That someone could be a spouse, child, parent, cousin, bestie…anyone at all whom you love.
How about four words? “I like your face”, as in Ob La Di Ob La Da by The Beatles. Desmond says to Molly “Girl, I like your face”.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I went to Target yesterday to pick up some stuff and as I was leaving I saw a pair of broken, crushed, winter ick covered kitty ears lying in the parking lot. It immediately took me back to when Mousey was a little girl and wore her kitty ears to Target, and just about everywhere else! She would have been so sad to see them wet and dirty and driven over multiple times.
Here is a Way Back When-sday of our favorite little kitty cat ballerina. She just wasn’t dressed without her ears!
Have a good week.