Hi Guys, Happy Spring! We are not really experiencing spring up here in The Mitten yet, but it’s trying. Thank you to Joyce for gathering us all together and giving us something to talk about!
1. This coming weekend is Palm Sunday, which marks the beginning of Holy Week. Do you celebrate Easter in your home? What was your favorite Easter tradition as a child?
We do celebrate Easter, although for many years we were in Florida on vacation with our children and Easter did not look very typical.
I have to be honest, as a child my favorite tradition was the Easter basket. I love, love, loved all that candy! I also liked a new outfit. I sound like a shallow heathen.
Easter is much more meaningful to me now that I understand how important it is. Because of the resurrection we serve a risen Lord. It makes all the difference.
2. George Weinberg is quoted as saying, ‘Hope never abandons you, you abandon it.‘ Agree or disagree? Share your own thoughts on the word hope.
I guess this is true. Especially since my hope is in Jesus and He will never abandon His own. I sincerely hope that I would never abandon Him. I looked for some verses from God’s true word to give me a handle on the word.
This one is very accurate.
Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
It is like that expression “hope floats”, all of the sudden it bubbles back up, even in the most unexpected times of sadness or defeat. Even when you think something is irrevocably broken, or you have been knocked down so hard you can’t catch your breath. God helps us to get back up, dust ourselves off and start again. It might sound simplistic or unbelievable, but I speak from experience here my friends. If He can do that for me, He can do it for you.
Which brings us to the next verse.
1 Peter 3:15 – … Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have…
You have to have hope in something. Just sending good vibes and wishful thinking into the air seems risky.. It seems more productive to ask the Creator of the Universe for the help, expectation, optimism and hope needed to live in this world.
Romans 12:12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
I should cross stitch this on a pillow and look at it every day. Well, that’s not going to happen, but you get the idea.
3. Weigh in with a yay or nay on the traditional Easter candies. A solid milk chocolate bunny? Cadbury Creme Eggs? Peeps? Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs? Jellybeans? Coconut Cream Eggs? Of the candies listed, which one would you most like to find in your Easter basket?
I would not be sad to find a Reese’s Peanut Butter Egg in my basket, and neither would Honey!!!
Who are the people who like Peeps? They are nasty bite of something! I see them every year and can’t imagine they are for repeat customers!
I had some yummy jelly beans that were Skittles, or Jelly Bellies or something, but the chocolate calls louder. Dark preferably.
4. When did you last feel ‘like a kid in a candy store’?
Probably last spring at the favorite garden place. So many flowers and arrangements and choices!!!!!!! Really big sigh.
5. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Does that bother you? Does it bother other people?
I cannot think of one thing for this answer. I’m sure there is something but nothing is coming to mind. Anyone???
6. Palm Springs CA, Palm Beach FL, or the PALMetto State…of the three mentioned, which sunny spot would you most like to visit right now? Which have you visited at one time or another?
I have probably driven through Palm Beach, Florida, and have only been to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina once about 23 years ago. Lets go back there.
7. If you could change the length of a day would you lengthen it or shorten it? Tell us why.
Well, it would totally depend on the day! Most of the time I am ready for the day to end, but some days are so much fun you never want them to end! I guess I wouldn’t change it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Yesterday was my Dad’s birthday, he is 77!!!!!!! He is actually in Florida at the moment but we celebrated him and all his many years before he left. Beeve, Stacey and Goomba came over to eat dinner and cake.
Dad requested his his usual, pineapple upside down cake. We gave him one candle because 77 seemed like a fire hazard. I don’t know if Goomba had ever had pineapple upside down cake before but he said he liked it!
Grandpa managed to get that mighty candle blown out the first try.
I asked Mousey to take a picture of me with the birthday boy because I am all about taking a picture to document life. After this stunning shot we ALL were complaining! We look so OLD, we look so FAT, that light is HORRIBLE!!!
So we switched direction to deal with the only problem we could solve! Then we got tickled, as you do in these types of situations.
I tried to hide to remedy the fat part of the problem.
I love my Dad like this.
oh the heck with it! Here we are!
Happy Birthday Dad, so glad you were born!