Hi Guys! Thanks for stopping by! If you would like to link up, click the button below and head over to meet out hostess Joyce, she’s a very nice gal!
1. Have you ever had to wear a uniform? If yes, tell us more. Did you love it or hate it?
I have on several occasions, some with more acceptance than others.
The first time was at a Christian school I attended for a year. I did not like those because they were dresses, polyester, and required different color shirts or something for different days.
The second time was my brief time working at Burger King. Hideous brown, orange and gold polyester.
Third time was a beautiful blue and white plaid polyester number with a white apron, very impractical for serving ice cream sundaes at Friendly’s.
The last time was a German dirndl with a white shirt, worn while serving all manner of German food at the restaurant located in The Bavarian Inn Hotel on Ouellette Ave. in downtown Windsor, Ontario, which I am sorry to say burned down.. At least it was cotton!!!!!
Uniforms have their place, but I don’t miss them 🙂
2. April 22nd is Earth Day. What is one thing you do personally to be a good steward of planet Earth?
I try and not be wasteful of our resources. I am also an faithful recycler, occasional thrifter and am fond of repurposing
3. Brown rice, quinoa, or couscous…your healthy grain of choice? How often are one of the three on your menu at home? Given a choice between white rice, brown rice, wild rice, and fried rice which would you go for?
.I don’t mind brown rice but my people are not on board. Have never had couscous to my knowledge and am willing to admit that I have probably never had quinoa cooked properly.
White rice is the most likely, although many like fried rice. Of course, they have the least nutritional value.
4. In your opinion, who has the best job ever?
In my opinion I had the best job ever!!!!
Raising our children was the finest thing in my museum of recollection.
5. What’s a situation in your life currently requiring patience?
Some of my health concerns require patience. Some relationships as well.
6. Do you live your life around days of the week? Explain.
I do. From September to May my Wednesday and Thursday mornings are reserved for learning and serving at Bible Study Fellowship (BSF). Sunday mornings are reserved for worshipping the Lord at our church. All else is fair game.
7. In a nod to the A to Z challenge happening around town this month, what ‘R word’ best describes your April?
Ruminate: To go over in the mind repeatedly, :to engage in contemplation, chew over, consider, mull over, question, ponder, think about, turn over, weigh, wrestle with.
There are a lot of things happening to people I care about, and for most part the only thing I can do about it is take it to the Lord. Which is what I should do anyway.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I mentioned yesterday that I had switched to sandals and I was NOT going back. I think I jinxed myself. It’s 37 out there this morning. It might require shoes AND a coat
Have a warm week.