Happy April! We are hope, hope, hoping that this will be the month The Mitten will kiss winter goodbye!!!!! Thanks for stopping by, if you would like to link up click on the button below, Joyce will be glad to meet you!
1. In honor of the date…when were you last sent on a ‘fool’s errand’?
I will suggest that getting the car washed during winter in Michigan is a total fool’s errand. The car can be a complete filthy piglet for weeks and weeks but the day you finally run it through the car wash you have guaranteed that you are going to have winter weather involving slush and salt. And you are right back where you started. Fool’s errand.
2. Peter Rabbit, Bugs Bunny, The Energizer Bunny, The Easter Bunny, Rabbit (Pooh’s friend), White Rabbit (of Wonderland fame), or the Trix Rabbit…which of these ‘famous’ rabbits can you best relate to right now?
Heavens, NOT The Energizer Bunny!!! I guess The Easter Bunny because I was picking up some things last week for Easter baskets.
My very favorite bunny is The Nutbrown Hare from Guess How Much I love You One of Mousey’s favorite books 🙂
3. When did you last find yourself scrambling to get something done? Explain.
Another regular occurrence. Have you ever heard of the expression the best laid plans of mice and men? It sometimes feels like all efforts put into planning are really just a fool’s errand, HA!!!!!!!
I like to try and get as much stuff done ahead of time so I won’t be all jammed up at the end, but guess what? I am frequently all jammed up at the end.
The last time we were scrambling was back in February when we were trying to keep the Ab-Cat on our health insurance. We had gathered all of the paperwork and documentation that had been asked for, mailed it in a timely fashion, but then at the very last minute it was kicked out because of a lack of documentation that they had NOT ASKED FOR.
It’s hard to prepare for things like that. So I scrambled to get what we needed from her doctor, which of course meant the doctors office had to scramble to get us the documentation because everything had to be done by a certain date or else there was going to be a BIG problem. Everyone scrambled successfully and tragedy was averted. Thank you LORD!!!!!!!
Story of our life.
4. Last time you were up at the literal crack of dawn? Why? Last time you stayed up all night? Why?
Yesterday morning? This morning? Really most mornings and I have no idea why. I blame the hormonies, or the lack there of. I consider it a victory anymore if I make it to my 6:00 alarm.
The last time I stayed up all night was probably in 2007. I think that was the last time we drove straight through to Florida on vacation. I am just too old to do that anymore! Honey is too.
5. Crack a book, crack a bottle, crack a joke, crack an egg…which have you done most recently?
I cracked a book yesterday while waiting in the car for Honey to conduct some business. But jokes are cracked in our home every day!!!!
6. What’s your favorite part of a typical weekend? Tell us why that’s so.
My favorite part would always be the just sitting around talking part. It’s what keeps us connected. Just hearing about the week or laughing eating and enjoying each others company, it doesn’t get any better than that. That is what I will miss the most when the kids all move out.
7. What’s something I’d find on a bookshelf in your home? Other than a book I mean!
Pictures, mementos, photo albums and Honey has a bunch of folders containing who knows what.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It is supposed to be 68 tomorrow!!!!!!!
Rainy, but 68 degrees!!!!!
We welcome you April!