Greetings from grey Michigan. Really wish spring would get on the stick up here!
Many thanks to our hostess Joyce for gathering us all together to chat each week. If you would like to join up just click on the button below.
1. Besides left over Easter goodies, what’s something currently kept in a basket at your house?
We have many useful baskets in our home. One holds blankets for lounging, another cat toys, one by the back door keeps our keys, and one on the counter corrals the fruit.
2. ‘The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.’ ~Michelangelo Buonarroti
So which one are you…the one who aims too high, or the one who aims too low? Have you ever seen The Sistine Chapel? Did you know Michelangelo’s surname prior to answering this question?
I feel like a middle of the road aimer. Sometimes I hit, sometimes I miss.
I have never been to the Sistine Chapel, although I would like to go, and I did not know Mike’s last name.
3. April 7th is National Beer Day. Hmmm…wonder how that’s celebrated? Do you like beer? Have a favorite? If you’re not a beer drinker do you have any recipes you enjoy cooking that call for beer?
I do not like beer, it smells awful and I don’t even want to think about tasting it. Honey makes a beer batter for fish occasionally
4. When did you last travel somewhere new? Tell us where? How’d it go?
Maybe a couple years ago on a college visit with Mousey. We went to three towns in Tennessee that we had not visited before. Jackson, Dayton and Cleveland, the last one being a particularly charming little town. The trip confirmed to Mousey that she does not belong up north in the cold and snow! We have probably been somewhere new since then but it’s what came to mind.
5. The value of _________________________is greatly overrated.
Shapewear. I have made a promise to myself that I NEVER have to wear it again. EVER. I just need to make sure that I never buy another outfit that requires it. Thinking about it makes me claustrophobic.
6. What’s a pet peeve of yours when it comes to restaurant dining?
Hmmmm, only one? The first thing that came to mind is when you get your salad and then your meal arrives about 2 minutes later. Honey’s personal peeve is when his glass is empty. He actually tips better if they watch the beverages.
7. It’s Poetry Month…share a favorite poem, either the title, a few lines you find meaningful, or the whole kit and caboodle.
I am not really a fan of poetry, which is a little odd considering I like words. I was just asking Abby and Mousey about their favorite poems and they said they didn’t care for them either. We agree that we like quotes.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Speaking of quotes, here is one I like.
Have a peaceful week.