We had a break last week while our fearless leader Joyce was vacationing down south. If you would like to join us, click on the button below.
1. What’s a phrase your mother often said to you? If you’re a parent, is this something you now say to your own children?
My Mother always said “give me loves” when she wanted a hug or kiss, and yes, I have always said that to our children. I think it was shortened to just “give loves”.
2. What is a scent you associate with your mother or your childhood home?
Coffee and candles. My Mother liked to entertain and that is what I remember our house smelling like.
3. What’s an activity you remember always doing with your mother (or someone who was a mother figure in your life)?
My Mom was not super big on playing games when I was young but she would always play Scrabble Junior and Yhatzee! I can still hear her saying Yhatzee!!!
I remember shopping with my Mom too, when I was young and even as an adult. It was not always so fun when I was younger, but she would often get us a treat to sweeten the deal, usually ice cream from Sanders. She loved to shop and we went LOTS of places.
4. Flared jeans, maxi dresses, and jumpsuits are 70’s fashion trends back this spring. Are you on board? Which trend would you be most inclined to try? For the men…flared corduroys, wide-collared shirts, and floral prints…what say you?
I am really liking the maxi dress. VERY comfortable. Jumpsuits are of the devil. Ain’t nobody got time for all that when you have to go to the bathroom!
I can’t see Honey wearing any of the above.
5. May 6th is Teacher Appreciation Day and also Nurse Appreciation Day. Is there a nurse or teacher you have especially appreciated along the way? Tell us why?
Our family has been blessed by the attention of many nurses AND teachers!
All three of our children had the same first grade teacher, Mrs. Haar.
She was a lovely lady who ran an organized classroom and made learning FUN!
With The Ab-Cat in 1996.
With The Boy in 1998.
And with Mousey in 2001. I think it was her practice at the end of the year to ask if the kids with summer birthdays wanted 6 birthday kisses or 6 birthday spankings! Mousey was getting the kisses!
I still run into her several times a year at the grocery store and it’s always nice to see her and catch up. She will always have a special place in our hearts.
6. If I came by your house, what would I find on your frig door?
A lot of pictures, maybe a funny cartoon found by Honey, magnets from some of our travels. Capri Patt says I have too much on there but I like the pictures and they help me to remember to pray for the people featured.
7. Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana made her royal entrance on Saturday, May 2nd. On a scale of 1-10, how much attention did you give to all the news coverage? 1=Who’s Charlotte? 10=sat glued to the telly, cuppa in hand.
A solid 3. I was aware there was a royal baby on the way and was happy to hear of her safe arrival. I love her pretty name. Other than that I am not much of a royal watcher.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Here is the Way Back When-sday part of the post.
There’s my pretty Mama! This was taken in 2005. She passed away in 2010.
I am thankful she was my Mother.
Have a good week and celebrate your Mama!