Hi guys! Glad you could stop by. If you would like to join us, click on the button below to head over to Joyce’s and link up.
1.July 15th is National Give Something Away Day. What can you give away? Will you?
I have 8 bags of clothing, shoes and bedding in the dining room right now, patiently waiting to be driven over to the church where we have BSF and given away. They have a clothes closet to support their community.
Honey is always trying to give away one of our cats. Bad Honey!
2. Do you have a mantra? Please share with the class if you feel comfortable doing so.
It seems like I frequently have a new mantra. Usually something that was repeated or just stuck in my brain from Bible study.
One year it was Ephesians 3:20, Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine””…” I like immeasurably more.
It seemed like the mantra in BSF this last year was Deuteronomy 7:22 The LORD your God will drive out those nations before you, little by little. Little by little is encouraging when you have a lot going on, and it popped up quite a bit!
But my personal mantra has been Genesis 18:14 Is anything too hard for the LORD? Or another variation, Jeremiah 32:27 “I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me? Or it’s snappy younger sibling, Matthew 19:26 “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
These verses have meant a great deal to me over the last few years when dealing with hard and thorny issues. Issues not uncommon to the human condition, but crushing none the less.. Death, hurt, anger, disappointment, ill health and sorrow for ourselves and dear family and friends. All trying experiences and I found it good to remind myself that no matter how big the problem, God is bigger still. Even if I can’t see how things will work out, God knows, and nothing is to hard or impossible for Him.
3. Who does the grocery shopping in your house? How many times a week do you shop? Do you make a list or pray for inspiration in the produce aisle?
I do the majority and Honey comes occasionally. Oh goodness, sometimes I feel as if I am there every day! I try and go to Sam’s once a week, but sometimes go twice, or if I am ridiculous, THREE times. I need to go to Meijer at least every couple of weeks to get the other things I don’t want to get in big sizes, like vegetables, fruit, and the yogurt I like. Lately I have been going there every week too, with the occasional run in for something forgotten or needed. Ok, let’s just say I am getting groceries an inordinate amount of time!!!
Sometimes I have a list and sometimes I wing it.
4. Is there a TV show you’re embarrassed to say you watch? You’re going to tell us what it is, right?
I am not really embarrassed but the girls say I should be! Honey and I watch American Idol.
5. A recent article listed fifteen words we should eliminate from our (written) vocabulary in order to sound smarter-
that, went, honestly, absolutely, very, really, amazing, always, never, literally, just, maybe, stuff, things, and irregardless
Of the fifteen, which word is your most overused?
Irregardless isn’t a word, right?
Many of those words are perfectly fine descriptive words and it seems silly to eliminate them. Amazing seems like an overused word to describe things that are really not all that amazing, lets go with that until amazing is restored to it’s former glory.
I use the word thing or more commonly thingy, far too much because I can’t remember the name of something in a timely fashion. Like the iPad. Its official name is The Thingy.
6. So apparently dying your hair gray (in your youth!) is a thing right now. It’s called ‘The Granny Hair’ trend. Your thoughts?
Seriously, that’s a thing now??? That is so dumb. Don’t they realize they will be there soon enough??? I wish I didn’t have to cover my Granny Grey every 4 weeks!!!!!
7. A while back Buzz Feed asked members to share the most beautiful sentence they’ve read in a piece of literature. A hard thing to narrow down, at least for me, but let’s try. What’s one of the most beautiful sentences you’ve ever read in a piece of literature?
Sounds like heaven to me.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Now for the Way Back When-sday part of the post.
Speaking of Heaven, there’s my pretty Mama with Ab-Cat!
I miss her.
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your week!