Hi Guys, glad you stopped by! If you would like to join us click on the button below and head over to Joyce’s to link up!
1. When was the last time you relocated? Did you move yourself or leave it to the professionals? Are you happy staying put or is there a move in your future? Best thing about moving to a new city or town? Least favorite and/or hardest thing about moving house?
We moved into our current home 17 years ago next month. WOW, I can hardly believe that but Mousey had just turned 4 and she will be 21 at the end of this month so I guess it’s true! We moved ourselves with the help of family and friends and a rented truck. We moved less than a mile away so we figured we could handle it.
We are happy here but Honey wants to move to a state that has less severe winter than The Mitten, so there will be a move at some point in our future.
We haven’t moved to a new city in over 26 years, I’ve forgotten what the best thing was!
I think the hardest thing about moving is always going through your stuff. We seem to accumulate quite a bit. This next move will be a purge fest!
2. When were you last ‘moved to tears’? Explain.
I caught the tale end of a show the other night about people finding their long lost family members. One gal discovered she had a half sister and a man met up with his mother who abandoned him when he was 6. Both were very touching and I may have had a tear in my eye.
3. Do you have rules about eating in the car…any forbidden foods? What’s the last thing you consumed in your car? Your go-to car snack when traveling long distance?
I don’t usually eat in the car and rarely drink anything besides water. Not really because of rules, I just don’t. I did have an almond nut bar last week when I was heading somewhere and didn’t have time for lunch.
Honey likes licorice when travelling. I am not a big snacker but I try and have mixed nuts or roasted almonds on hand so I don’t get hangry. You don’t want to be travelling with that girl.
4. Share a favorite song relating to cars and/or driving.
Days Go By by Keith Urban is kind car-ish. It’s very fun to sing along.
5. What’s your most frequently visited drive-thru…Starbucks? the bank? the pharmacy? some other window?
The bank I guess, and not very frequently.
6. “He who hesitates is lost”…would you agree? When it comes to making decisions do you generally act quickly or do you more often than not fall into the ‘lost’ category?
Nothing happens quickly around here, and we are not lost! Honey is known for researching and looking into every little thing. Especially if it is important. Sometimes all that homework enables him to make a decision without hesitating. Just last week, after looking into buying new iPhones, he was able to get a GREAT deal because he knew it was a GREAT deal!!!
I can make quick decisions at restaurants!
7. When was the last time you got lost? Was it stressful or an unexpected happy adventure?
Honey and I prefer to call it getting turned around. It usually happens on vacation when we can’t quite remember where we saw something.
I think the only time getting lost is super stressful is if you have to be somewhere at a specific time. You are not going to have an unexpected happy adventure if you are late for an event!!
Ohhhh, I just remembered the last time we were lost. We were in Chicago for The Dane’s graduation from Moody Bible College and our GPS about lost her mind!!!! I thought Honey was going to chuck it out the window! She is NOT a big city gal and tall buildings scare her. That Chicago traffic is ridiculous!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My first selfie with the new fancy phone!!
I sent this picture out and received many messages, all basically saying WELCOME TO THE 21ST CENTURY!
I am not much of a phone person but I like it LOTS!
Have a good week!