Hi Guys, Joyce is back! She has a LOT going on down her way and I thank her for the time she devotes to us in the blog world! If you would like to join the club, click the button below to head over to Joyce’s and link up.
1. What have you ‘fallen for’ recently?
I have recently fallen for a yummy, low carb fudge recipe I found on Pinterest! It is so good that it helps me to feel not quite as deprived since the natural doctor asked me to give up sugar! Even The Ab-Cat likes it and NO child of mine has ever enjoyed a low carb treat! Just knowing it is in the fridge gives me strength.
2. What’s something you’re ‘squirreling away‘ for later?
I have squirreled away some of our kids toys for our future grandchildren. Books, legos, trains, American Girl and other dolls and paraphernalia, kitchen, dishes and play food, favorite stuffed friends and other stuff. There will be a lot to do over at Paisan and Grandma’s place!
3. How do you like your apples? Sweet? Tart? Crisp? Cooked? Apples are one of the superfoods for fall…how often do you eat an apple either plain or as part of a favorite recipe? What’s your favorite variety?
Cooked apples remind me of my Mom, she made yummy ones! As far as just eating an apple? Just can’t be mushy or have a tough, bitter skin. My favorites are Honeycrisp but I like Fuji, Granny Smith, and Golden too. Apple pie is worthy but I rarely make one.
4. According to Fodor’s the ten best fall foliage trips in the US of A are-Aspen Colorado, The Catskills New York, The Berkshires Massachusetts, Columbia River Gorge Oregon, Green Mountain Byway Vermont, Enchanted Circle Scenic Byway New Mexico, Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee, Upper Peninsula Michigan, Lake of the Ozarks Missouri, and Glacier National Park Montana. Which would you most like to visit this fall and why?
You don’t have to go all the way to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan to see beautiful fall foliage!!! The Mitten can certainly hold its own there!!! Our state motto is “If you seek a pleasant peninsula, look about you.”. The whole of Michigan is glorious in the fall.
Of the places mentioned I will choose The Smokey Mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee. Honey has a hankering to live down that way, it would be nice to go on a scouting mission 🙂
5. The topic of legalizing marijuana was raised in the most recent televised political debate so let’s wade in too. Twenty-three states and the District of Columbia currently have laws legalizing marijuana in some form. Four states have legalize marijuana for recreational use. Your thoughts?
I am not a fan of legalizing marijuana for recreational use. I am wondering if the states who have already done so are having fall out. The potential for abuse is high, and the studies have shown that it is not good for the brains of young people. I know there are those who compare it to alcohol and don’t see the difference, but I have seen what addiction to a substance can do to an individual and a family.
I would not have a problem legalizing marijuana for medical purposes. There are plenty of prescription drugs that try and relieve the same symptoms, and some of them are far worse for you and more addicting. It is an interesting subject to explore.
I saw all three of Sanjay Gupta’s specials called Weed on CNN. The fact that they can increase or decrease certain levels of THC and CBD to help with particular symptoms is a medical marvel. This ain’t your 70s hippie pot!
6. Are you okay to watch a movie already in progress or do you need to always see it from the beginning? How about jumping into a TV series somewhere in the middle? Is that okay?
I would prefer to get in on the beginning, but I have come in late and enjoyed a program. Friday Night Lights is a perfect example. I think we finally jumped on that bandwagon in season 4 of 5. We did go back and catch up in the off season though!
7. Thursday (September 24) is National Punctuation Day. What rule of punctuation trips you up most often? What rule of punctuation, when broken by someone else, bugs you the most?
I know this is a huge problem for some folks, I am not one of them. I use punctuation to the best of my ability and I am most likely unaware if I have used it incorrectly. I try not to get all up in others punctuation either. I can overlook a lot if I like the writing.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Here is the Way Back part of the post.
I ran across this sweet picture of a 3 year old Mousey recently. She has it ALL going on here! Every girl needs a crown. And mittens. And 101 Dalmatian panties. And your sparkly shoes! You GO Girl!!!!
Thanks for stopping by!