Hi Guys!!!! I feel like I have been gone forever, it’s good to be back! If you would like to join us click on the button below to head over to Joyce’s
1. Are you comfortable with silence? If you’re home alone, do you like silence or do you need regular background noise? Do you seek out times and places to be silent? What’s your favorite place to find silence/be silent?
I am very comfortable with silence. I rarely turn on the tv during the day, and never listen to music except occasionally in the car. I even turn the sound off on the iPad so I don’t hear all the sounds when playing games. I don’t seek out the silence, it’s just there. So I embrace it! I guess my favorite place would be the family room. It’s comfy.
2. October 28th is National Chocolate Day. Can’t let that go by without a mention now, can we? Will you celebrate? How? Let’s say you can have one of the following right this very minute… a cup of hot chocolate, a strawberry dipped in chocolate, a bowl of plain chocolate ice cream, or a slice of chocolate pie…what’s your pleasure?
Well, I am going to lunch with my Uncle Bob and Aunt Phyllis to a place where they like to go and they have a DELICIOUS dark chocolate mousse there! Maybe I will have to mention to my dining partners that it is National Chocolate Day!
Hmmm, maybe the chocolate pie.
3. How do you feel about blue jeans? Favorite thing in the world to wear or nope, don’t own a single pair? How often do you wear blue jeans in a typical week? Do you own a blue jean jacket?
I feel a great affection for blue jeans! How I wear them has changed in recent years though. I used to wear typical blue jeans until about 2 years ago. After I had a little surgical procedure, I have been reluctant to have anything tight around my waist, PLUS, I like a flat front for most of the longer tops I wear.. I now wear jeggings about 4 times a week so I don’t have to face the dreaded zipper around my waist OR the button making my shirt poof out!
I do have a jean jacket that I sometimes wear with skirts. I don’t wear a jean jacket with jeans though, it feels too matchy matchy.
4. Are you superstitious? If so, in what way?
Not particularly, but I might not walk under a ladder intentionally!
5. If you had to come up with a costume using only things you have on hand right now, what could you come up with?
This sounds like every Halloween when the kids were little! It started out with something we had and then we might have to purchase something to complete it.
I could be a hairdresser, HA!!!! I could borrow Mousey’s kitty ears, find some black clothes and be a kitty cat. We have a hat down the basement with dreadlocks attached. Hey Mon! I could wear Honey’s coveralls and be a Ford Motor Co. employee!
6. What scares you a little? What do you do when you feel scared?
Sharks, snakes and alligators. Velociraptors. Accidents on the freeway. When scared I try and remember Bible verses or sing Jesus Loves Me. The name of Jesus is a strong tower.
7. Perhaps today will be the day I ______________________________.
Get back into the swing of blogging! I have completely fallen off the wagon.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Here is the Way Back When-sday part of the post.
This picture is a good example of using what you have to make a Halloween costume!
The Boy, on the left, lucked out that year. His military outfit was bought, I think the hat might have been borrowed from my brother Beeve. Mousey is all decked out in her brother’s cowboy fringed vest that The Boy’s Grandpa made for him one Christmas about 5 years previously, plus his flannel shirt, cowboy boots and gun holster. The bandana and cowboy hat were my Mom’s, she must have had them kicking around from some hoe down/rodeo themed party she attended. The Ab-Cat, on the right, is featured wearing an old blouse of mine from the 80s, an old T-Bird pin and scarf hair tie (ala Madonna!) from the same decade. She got the cat eye glasses at her friend Awesome Autumn’s birthday party. Her own white tennis shoes completed her 50s girl look.
There they are with their best friends, The alien Hostler Girls, looking all cutey cute!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your week!