Hi Guys! I am joining Joyce and the rest of the Hodgepodgers on my iPad this morning, so that means added pictures are iffy and there is no Hodgepodge button to click if you would like to join up 😦
You could go over to the side bar, look on the blogs I follow, and click on From This Side Of The Pond, that would work too!
1. Besides Thanksgiving, something you’re looking forward to on your November calendar?
Well, we are currently on vacation in Bonita Springs, Florida, and that was certainly on the calendar!
2. If I gave you a thank you card right now who would you send it to and why?
I would send it to my Dad’s friends, who took such good care of him when he was released from the University of Michigan Hospital after having a pacemaker installed last week! He had surgery on Friday morning, we were leaving on Saturday morning, and it was causing me some angst. His good friends Augie and Vickie offered him room and board for a day, helped him get his car back from our house, and just generally eased my mind about leaving. Thank YOU!
3. Of the breads listed, which one’s your favorite…bagel, cinnamon, sourdough, garlic, banana, biscuit, pita, Naan, or plain old fashioned white bread?
Sourdough. I don’t eat much bread in my everyday life, only if it’s super yummy at a restaurant or something, but on vacation we indulge in sourdough. Mmmmm, the best toast and grilled cheese!
4. What’s something you have in abundance? Is that a good thing?
Well, at the moment we have 7 tubes of Aqua Fresh Sensitive toothpaste in our bathroom drawer and it is definitely a good thing! It used to be easy to find, therefore I did not have to stockpile it, but then Target dropped it, then Meijer, then I was in a pickle. I used Colgate, which was alright, but not my preference. I goggled it and found it at the Wal Mart. Since I do not regularly shop at the Wal Mart, I went there intentionally for it and bought 7, as you do. Like a regular hoarder.
5. November 5th is National Love Your Red Hair Day. Are there any redheads in your family? Who’s your favorite redhead?
Not natural! I was a redhead for many, many years. I probably still would be today if I had not gotten so grey that the color started looking too orangey. Here I am in 1994, pregnant with Mousey, somewhere in Florida with The Ab-Cat and The Boy with my red hairs!
i have a feeling we are at Busch Gardens in Tampa. Just a guess. Way Back When-sday part of the post!
I got the picture in, but have no idea how to make it bigger. Sigh.
Mousey is now the redhead in the family. Her color if choice lately is Rocketfire! She would also be my favorite redhead. Her and Lucille Ball, who was kind of a big deal around our house for a long time.
6. The travel website Busbud recently calculated the most Instagrammed spot in every state. Go here to see what made the list where you live. Are you happy with your state’s #1? If not what do you think should be the most photographed spot in your state? Have you snapped a photo there? If you live outside the USA answer as it relates to your state, city or province.
We have been to those sand dunes with our dear friends The Hostler’s! If I were home I could even drag out some pictures!
I think it is a good choice. It would be hard to photograph yourself on the Mackinac Bridge.
7. I’m going to try to have something related to gratitude in this spot each week during the month of November. Here’s this week’s question-
What’s something you’ve learned about yourself this year that you’re grateful for?
I have learned that I know myself pretty well, and when others try to convince me that my actions and motives are something I know they are not, I am not buying into it. The Lord took me the long way around on this one but I am thankful. You have no idea how grateful I am for that knowledge.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Honey and I went on a sunset cruise last night. We saw some pretty fancy houses on Port Royal, where the makers of Play Doh, Crayola, Better Homes and Gardens, Mary Kay, M&Ms, and others I can’t recall, have homes. It pays to have a good idea.
Have a great week!