Happy February Guys! Glad you could drop by. If you would like to join us click on the button below to head over to Joyce’s., our hostess with the mostess.
1. Describe love using all five senses.
Sight: That little skip your heart does when you see your loved one. It lets you know that they are your people.
Hearing: Laughter. It brings us together, it makes life better, it sounds like love.
Touch: There is nothing like a hug from a loved one. It conveys so much. I love you, I’ve missed you, I treasure you, thank you, you make me happy!
Taste: Honey received a sticker from a company he buys spices from, it said “Love people, cook them tasty food”. He’s Italian, he does love to cook yummy food for his family. It’s a labor of love. That is probably why we have always gathered around the table.
Smell: I used to always tell my kids that nothing smelled better than my clean, just bathed children. Pure love.
2. February is Canned Food Month. What’s your favorite food that comes straight from a can?
I can’t think of anything that we eat that comes straight from a can. I think of canned food as strictly ingredients, added to something else. Tomatoes to make spaghetti sauce, black beans in soup or burrito bowls. We don’t even eat soup straight from a can. I am thankful for the convenience though!
3. A principal in a UK school recently sent home a letter to parents requesting they (the parents!) dress appropriately when escorting their children to/from school (basically saying please don’t wear your pajamas) You can read the letter here. It’s gotten a lot of publicity, both positive and negative. Your thoughts? And do/did you ever make the school run (or hit Starbucks, Walmart, etc) in your pjs?
Wow, you wouldn’t think that would need to be said for school functions. I will admit that I might have thrown a sweat suit over my pjs when I drove our kids to school, but I did not get out of the car!
I do not usually wear pajamas outside our home, and certainly not to the store!
4. Crew neck, V-neck, turtleneck, scoop neck…which is most prevalent in your wardrobe?
A V or a scoop. I got rid of ALL my turtlenecks when I arrived at the season of hot flashes. You can’t peel that fast enough! High crew necks seem a little claustrophobic to me.
5. I read here recently a list of four things to avoid so you wake up happier. They were late night snacks, hitting the snooze button, social media just before bed/upon waking, checking emails.
Are you guilty of any of these behaviors? Which on that list do you need to work harder at avoiding?
I might check e-mail or social media before bedtime. I can’t say that it affects my happiness upon waking though. I probably won’t avoid it, it’s just a habit and it causes me no issue.
6. Share something you remember about a house you lived in as a child? Of all the homes you lived in as a child, which did you love best?
It had a great side porch. A little half wall with a slab of concrete, like a counter, it was covered so it was a haven in rain. We played on it all the time. If you were sitting on the ground the half wall shielded you, so it seemed a little secretive unless you directly came around the corner. I guess it was our play house.
7.Your favorite movie based on a true story?
I really liked Temple Grandin. It did not look interesting because of the cattle element, but Abby had heard it was SO good and she was right. As a matter of fact, I think I would like to watch it again someday.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Mousey started classes this semester for massage therapy in a medical setting. She just picked up her brand spanking new table yesterday and needed to practice draping on a client. I was very happy to oblige her because she threw in a little massage for my trouble. Oh, I am going to like this very much. V.E.R.Y. M.U.C.H.!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for stopping by!