It was a big day last Saturday, Honey turned 59!!!!! #59isfine!!!!!
There are many, many wonderful things to say about Honey, but I will stick with the last number of his age and give you 9 reasons why I love him so, along with some of the ultra sexy snap chats he regularly sends me. Lucky y’all!
1. He has always, a.l.w.a.y.s., ALWAYS worked his tail off for his family! And that cord behind him in this picture looks like a tail! It has always been very important to him to provide for us and he has certainly excelled. He has given us a wonderful life.
2. He has a generous, kind heart. To us, to others, to ministries furthering God’s kingdom.
3. He brings us apple fritters from our favorite bakery on special occasions, YUM! Even when he was on a diet and could not partake himself!!!!!
4. He handles insurance car stuff, because he knows I hate it and am not capable.
5. The Ab-Cat says he is caring and thoughtful to help her when she needs it. Whether it is computer help, job application help, or fixing glitches in her tv or car. And he is funny! I am here to tell you that no one makes her laugh like her Dad!
6. Mousey says he is goofy, and she likes that quality in a Dad. He is also thoughtful and sweet, like when he makes her a special breakfast before she leaves for school. She also likes a weeper, so he has secured a soft spot in her heart forever.
7. I am also going to claim funny. I saw something on Pinterest that said something along the lines of;
Manners matter. Good looks are a bonus. Humor is a must. I TOTALLY agree!!!!!!! He makes me laugh 🙂
8. I like how his mind works! Beeve was coming over the other day to help him carry our new patio table to the back. It is slate and HEAVY and I proved less than useless in the endeavor. Beeve asked how it was going to happen and I said I didn’t know, but that Honey was probably already working on a plan in his head. Sure enough, when Honey woke up that day, the first thing he said was, I figured out how we are going to move that table! And so they did!
He’s also a handy fixer AND doer!
And last but not least, number 9. He loves his people. Very simply put, there is not much he would not do for us. We love him back and are blessed to have him in our lives!
I asked him several times what he wanted to do for his birthday and he was not very helpful. He finally decided that he had a hankering to try and make kebabs, so that is what we did. Marinated chicken and steak, mushrooms, zucchini, orange pepper (because that was all they had, how weird), onion, cherry tomato and cloves of garlic.
Mousey also made tabbouli, have I ever mentioned that she and Honey make the best tabbouli? Well they DO!
We christened the new patio table! The Good Eater joined us for dinner and Honey’s requested dessert, peanut butter cookies.
It was a noble first effort! There was much discussion about what worked (flavors, marinade, good degree of cooking on vegetables) what didn’t (garlic clove, Mousey didn’t like the cherry tomatoes, and the meat pieces could have been bigger) and how we could do things differently in the future, cause there will be a repeat!
Happy Birthday to my favorite guy!
We are SO glad you were born!!!!!!!