Hi Guys, welcome back to The Hodgepodge! Joyce, our fearless leader needed a break last week but she’s baaaaaack now! Click the button below to head over to her place if you would like to join us.
I do not actually have an opinion on this. When the kids were little they were all equally as hectic. Now they are all different each year. I feel like this summer has been busier than usual already. There were only a handful of set in stone things on the calendar but we seem to be filling in around them rapidly. Can I just say they are all good in their own way? That feels like a cop out.
2. Can you swim? How did you learn? June 27th is National Sunglasses Day. How many pair do you own?
I CAN swim! My Mom felt it was important that my brother and I learn how to swim because she never really did. She wanted us to feel more confident in the water. She also did not want to worry about us being in the water. We had a few lessons at the YMCA, but we mostly learned by massive amounts of time spent splashing around in my Aunt Nancy’s pool! She was always proud that we swam like fish!
I have prescription sunglasses, so I don’t have 50 pair kicking around. I have always wanted to just buy a cute pair off the rack! Maybe in heaven when I get my new, perfect eyes! I have one pair and 2 old pair of way older prescription that are basically useless and backups if the good pair break. One pair doesn’t even have bifocals and are only fit for cutting the grass! I did order some new ones last week, looking forward to those, then I should probably chuck those last 2 pair.
3. What characteristic do you judge most harshly in yourself? How about in others?
I have mentioned before that I am not a thoughtful type and I am especially good at berating myself for thinking of something thoughtful to do AFTER THE FACT. I can also talk myself out of doing something for many reasons, including but not limited to, they don’t want that from me, that seems nosey, they are probably overwhelmed and that would be too much, I don’t know them that well and they might think it’s weird, and why do I think they would want bagels and cream cheese? They probably don’t want bagels and cream cheese! That last one still haunts me. I should probably not ruminate over these things and realize that they could be Holy Spirit guided, and STOP OVERTHINKING AND JUST DO IT!!!
I judge others most harshly for lack of common sense. I know common sense is not a flower that grows in everyone’s garden but it’s very hard to overlook stoopid.
4. Robert Frost wrote the now well known poem entitled The Road Not Taken. What’s a road (literal or figurative) you’ve always wanted to travel, and where do you hope it takes you?
I am going to go literal and say traveling with Honey. We have not had the time nor opportunity to travel much the last 30 years. We would like to go to Europe, The Holy Land, and out west with The Schmenkman’s some day. We are travelling to South Carolina in the fall to have a look see for retirement, so that is a road we will travel very soon!
5. Popsicles-yay or nay? If you answered yay, what’s your favorite flavor?
I don’t mind them but I can think of way better things to waste calories on. Abby and I are especially fond of Good Humor strawberry shortcake bars. She was hospitalized for 7 weeks at 6 years old and we both have memories of going down to the University of Michigan cafeteria in the evenings for a special treat.
6. Brexit-on a scale of 1-10 how knowledgeable are you on what’s involved here? (1=very knowledgeable and 10=what’s Brexit) Is this news you’ll follow or is it something you think won’t impact your life in any way shape or form?I was a 10 when it happened and a solid 8 now. I still don’t think I know enough to speak intelligently about it with others. I have a tendency to think if the press is against it than it is probably not all bad. Cynic much?
7. Share a favorite song on your summer play list.
Justin Timberlake Can’t Stop the Feeling!!!! Song of the summer!!!!!
I had heard it before I left for Virginia last month. I tried all week to find it on the radio so Schmenky could hear it! I concluded that Virginia didn’t love Justin AT ALL! Finally, on the last day we heard it twice in Manassas!!!! Manassas loves you J.T.!!!!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Way Back When-sday! Probably around 1999 or 2000. Here are the kids with our Dear Friends the Hostler Girls, at one of our favorite restaurants, Mexican Fiesta!! Or as we call it, Chip and Dip! This could have been after church on a Sunday or after a piano recital. Either way, a very common sight! They probably thought they were SO cool at their own table!
I heart those little nuggets!!!!
Thanks for stopping by!