Hi Guys! The Hodgepodge has been on a break while our fearless leader Joyce moved into her new home and reconnected with the internet! If you would like to link up click on the button below.
1. Let’s all think happy thoughts…share one of yours here.
Let’s go Way Back When-sday now, around the early 2000s.
Well, there are these little nuggets! At Joni Earackson Tada’s Family Retreat in Indiana.
They can certainly trigger a happy thought! At Grandma and Grandpa’s pool in Lakeland, Florida.
2. There’s a Chinese proverb that says, “If you want happiness for an hour take a nap, if you want happiness for a day-go fishing….” What say you? If you want happiness for a day _____________.
Have lunch with an old, dear friend! Thanks Rae Babe!
3. Where do you go to decompress from the world around you?
BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) is a good place for that. Man, I love those women. When our world is a big ball of divided discontent there is nothing better than to be surrounded by a group of Believers where we focus on what unites us instead of what divides us.
4. What song never fails to make you happy?
Can’t Stop the Feeling by Justin Timberlake was my happy song this summer!
5. Wednesday is National Fast Food Day. Should that be a thing? Apparently it is, so tell us what’s the last ‘fast food’ you consumed? If you were putting together your own version of a ‘happy meal’ what would you include?
Sure, it can be a thing, we celebrate most anything these days! I don’t usually eat fast food but we did go through the McDonald’s drive though last weekend for ice cream. Any happy meal of mine would probably contain some kind of dessert.
6. In a few sentences tell us why you blog.
The main reason I blog anymore is I use this space as my memory bank! Secondary reasons are it helps maintain some long distance relationships and gives me a creative outlet to get some thoughts out. I have always considered it a slice of our life, preserved for our family. I know I would have loved to have such a journal of my grandparents lives.
7. List seven things you’re feeling especially grateful for today.
Reflection, conviction, mercy, grace, forgiveness, restoration, fresh starts. The Lord doesn’t leave us in our failure, and I am grateful for that.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The moon was still out and living large yesterday on our morning walk at around 7:45!
Have a good week!