Hi guys, linking up again from sunny Florida! Thank you to Joyce for hosting and giving us questions to answer!
1. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or throw it back? If you haven’t been fishing is that something you’d like to try?
I have been with Honey when he fished! He has almost always thrown them back when I was around, but when he has fished with The Boy, they have eaten their catches.
I don’t have much desire to fish, but I’m glad Honey loves it so much.
Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, fish or cut bait…which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life?
Hmm, maybe fish or cut bait. We have been looking at real estate while vacationing in Florida. There are MANY beautiful homes in MANY nice communities, but we really just need to decide if we are going to buy a second home. We go back and forth between buying and renting down here. We have looked at so many properties that they are all running together. We need to decide what we are going to do. Fish or cut bait.
2. What’s something you’re always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?
Chapstick in my purse, it falls out of its designated pocket.
3. Your favorite fish tale or movie?
Finding Nemo is a fine fish tale!
4. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer.
i usually rise early and get stuff done in daylight. I am not much good after 6. I don’t know how I ever did things at night, it’s not happening now!
5. What’s the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?
I have a mid length jacket, reversible, blue and white knit on one side, red windbreaker on the other. I wore it regularly when the kids were little. It hung in the closet for a long time until I started wearing it to walk in cold weather. It’s lightweight but keeps out the cold. I wouldn’t be caught wearing it any other time though, not my best look!
6. We’ve got one more month of (officially) winter here in the Northern hemisphere. Are you feeling the need for a getaway? What’s been the best and worst part of your winter so far?
We are on vacation right now! It’s been beautiful in southwest Florida these last two weeks.
I cant complain about winter too much this year, though that is not always the case with Michigan. We have had some snow and some pretty cold temperatures, but nothing beastly! They had almost 70 degrees last week, an anomaly for February!
BUT, I have lived in The Mitten long enough to know that spring is just a suggestion. We can have snow in April and cold temperatures in May.
Best part? Getting out of it for two weeks with all of our kids. Worst part? We have had a steady diet of rain, sleet and snow, and my car Juanita has been a filthy piglet!
7. The Wednesday Hodgepodge lands on National Margarita Day…will you be celebrating? Frozen or on the rocks? Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what’s your favorite JB tune?
We are going out to dinner, but not in celebration of the margarita. I can’t say I have ever had one, and I don’t know any Jimmy Buffet songs except Margaritaville.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
A couple photos from our trip, Honey fitchin’ off the dock and the two of us! 31 years and I still like him!
I’m shocked the iPad let me put these pictures somewhat where I wanted them!
Thanks for stopping by!