Hi Guys, thanks for stopping by. If you would like to join us, click on the button below and head over to Joyce’s, thank her for all she does, and linkup with the rest of the Hodgepodgers!
1. ‘Slow and steady wins the race’…tell us about a time this was true in your own life.
I feel like this IS my life!!! With the challenges and setbacks our family has encountered, we have not been Speedy Gonzales about a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g! BUT, with the Lord’s guidance and intervention and time, we have made much progress! Like Dory says, “just keep swimming”.
I heard someone once say that the Christian life is not a sprint, it is a walk, a journey, and it will take your whole life to get there. Slow and steady is a goal.
2. ‘As slow as molasses’…Do you like molasses? How about maple syrup? Caramel? Butterscotch? What’s your favorite of the slow moving treats mentioned here, and what’s your favorite food made with that sweet treat?
I can’t saw I have much experience with molasses. I have only used it in one low carb cookie recipe, the author thought molasses combined with Splenda was a good brown sugar substitute. It is a pretty good little low carb cookie!
I am not opposed to those flavors, but I don’t seek them out.
3. Your favorite slow song?
I don’t know about a favorite, but there are a lot I like! I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston, Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran, Your The Inspiration by Chicago, I Will by The Beatles. There’s a few.
4. Your favorite thing to make in a slow cooker or crock pot?
Cream cheese chicken chili, round steak with mushroom gravy, and a yummy Mexican dip with chili, refried beans, enchilada sauce and cheese YUM!
5. ‘You may delay, but time will not.’ ~Benjamin Franklin Are you more a hurrier or a delayer when it comes to unpleasant tasks that need doing? What are you currently either delaying or hurrying to get through this week or month?
I can do both like a boss! I can take things as they come or put several things off and then do them all in a day, so I’m not sure what to make of that. I am currently delaying working on my Bible study, for no good reason. It needs to be ready next Wednesday. Sometimes the more time I have, the less I get cracking.
6. Tell us three things you encounter regularly or even just occasionally that you find to be annoyingly slow.
It doesn’t happen often, but I sometimes get caught by the train going to my Bible study. It wouldn’t be so bad if the church weren’t right on the other side of the tracks. By the time I turn around and go down another road to get around it, it almost always has finally chugged on by. It’s always a conundrum, sometimes when you decide to wait it out it freaking STOPS and sits there!
7. March is National Craft Month. Are you crafty? Tell us about something crafty you’ll try in the next thirty one days. Or something crafty you’d like to try or wish you had the skill to make happen.
I do tend to like crafty endeavors. I don’t do anything regularly or beautifully, but I try. I am mainly a copier. I don’t have plans to be getting my craft on anytime soon, but anything could happen. I wish I could sew or skillfully do whatever I put my hand to. I have been contemplating painting some furniture with chalk paint. I will find out if there is an art to it or if monkeys could manage it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Last Saturday was The Ab-Cat’s birthday!!! We celebrated her earlier that week in Florida. It was a busy day for her, she celebrated it by going to leaders meeting for her Bible study at 7:30 A.M.!!, attending a baby shower, and picking us up from the airport. Not a super fun 28th birthday, but that’s how it happens sometimes as an adult. We plan to celebrate her again this weekend with some cake!
Here are some way back When-sday pictures of our sweet, first baby girl! She was probably 7 on the left, 9 or 10 on the right, and a whopping 27 in the cat Snapchat!
She is loved!
Happy March and thanks for stopping by!