Hi Guys, thanks for stopping by, if you would like to link up, click on the button below and head over to Joyce’s. She’ll tell you what to do! Let’s go.
1. January 24th is National Compliment Day. Is it easy or not so easy for you to accept a compliment? Share a recent compliment you’ve given or received.
I feel I can take a compliment when it’s quick, I can say thank you and move on. But if it goes on past a certain point I’m not sure what to do with it and it almost becomes embarrassing! And of course it’s a very fine line between the two 🙂
Honey had some free time before he left for his Bible study last Saturday, so he used it to wash and gas up my car! He is a big old hunk of honey! We have had a lot of yucky weather up here in The Mitten and our car, Johnny Cash, was a filthy piglet! He was also low on gas because I was waiting for the frigid temperatures to rise before I wanted to get out there to pump. I had heard a rumor that we were having a warmup on the weekend, so I was holding out! I thanked him for taking such good care of me! ❤
2. Ten little things you are loving right now.
1. Since we are trying the Keto diet, I have had my ear to the ground about any new-ish products. Mrs. Schmenkman told me that she had tried Monk Fruit sugar, and in looking for it on Amazon, I found this to go on my yummy Keto pancakes! It is not thick like regular syrup, but it tastes very good.
2. Speaking of the yummy Keto pancakes! I know it says waffles, but we only have a single waffle maker and it takes too long. I double this recipe and keep the rest in the fridge to get me through the week. Loving them.
3. Sugar free “sugared” pecans. Good grief, I can’t keep my hand out of the container!
4.Mousey ordered this book and I don’t think she was aware that Dana Carpender is my favorite author on all things low carb. I have about 4 of her cookbooks and have enjoyed reading her thoughts about the Keto diet and browsing through her new recipes. She makes things so easy to understand and her writing style makes me feel like I am visiting with an old friend. 🙂
5. Mousey gave me a couple of these handy dandy things for Christmas! I always need bags in the car to carry in my purchases from Sam’s. These fold up flat, click open, and carry a TON of stuff!!! Every time I use them I think they are so clever!!
6. I am always happy to find a good, scent free lotion, and this one works very nicely on my dry claws! The Ab-Cat concurs, because she has sandpaper hands without the benefit of hand cream.
7. Honey is getting laid off for 2 weeks after this weekend, I’M LOVING THAT!!!!! I am calling it retirement practice!!!
8. Always loving this spicy fellow, but he is especially lovey dovey when it’s cold outside. He sticketh closer than a brother in his quest to remain toasty!
9.Speaking of cold, loving my bun warmers in the new car!
10. Loving these 10 precious fingers! Lifted this off her Mama’s Instagram account. Our Grandgirl Moonpie is apparently on the move, her parents probably could use a little of this peacefulness!
3. Would people describe you as a positive person? Do you see yourself that way? I read here a list/description of eight things positive people do differently-
Positive people find something to look forward to every day, they celebrate the small stuff, they’re kind, they stay busy, accept responsibility for their actions, forgive themselves, know when to move on, and resist comparisons
Which action on the list would you say you do regularly? Which action could you add to your life to give you a more positive outlook? If you’re a positive person, what’s something you do regularly that’s not on the list?
I think people would describe me as positive and that is how I see myself. I think I can find something to look forward to every day because I enjoy very eclectic things. I like the days that I have to be up and out in the morning because that means I am probably going walking or to my Bible study, where I will learn new things and see people that I love to be with. I also look forward to days at home where I can have a second cup of tea, go through my routine on the computer, you know, check the blogs I read, look at the news, Instagram and Facebook, dabble in Pinterest and catch up on Words With Friends! Add in days with new adventures! See? It’s all good, something to look forward to every day!!
I would add being thankful to the list, Being positive seems to have an element of gratefulness for what you have instead of focusing on what you don’t. I try and count my blessings every day and thank the Lord for His provision.
4. Homemade chicken soup, beef stew, or a bowl of chili…what’s your pleasure on a cold winter’s day?
None of those sound particularly enticing to me. Honey does make a yummy Stracciatella, which is more like Italian chicken soup and far superior in my opinion! I do also like chili from a Coney Island, not so much made at home.
5. The best part of my day is….
Talking with my People. The days seem to have a rhythm and there is time for one on one conversation with them all at certain times. I love hearing about their day or something they have learned, and especially when they have a funny story to share.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
It would seem lately that house elves have confiscated our luncheon plates. It’s the only way to rationalize our empty plate spot in the drawer! Have they been mysteriously used elsewhere, or been broken and no one is fessing up to it? So it’s been an ongoing issue for a while now and I have been looking for some replacements. I also need to confess that I threw all of our Tupperware lunch plates in the recycling bin because they were a disaster. You know how sometimes you use something for so long that you don’t really see it? And then one day you take a good look at it and are horrified? Well, that was the story with those.
I have never had Corelle before but have always heard that they are pert near indestructible. Unfortunately, they have never had any colors or patterns that suited our decor. These don’t technically “match”, but because of our immediate need, I am taking a chance that they will “go”. Or that no one will notice. Plus they were on sale and will not end up all chippy, so Corelle for the WIN!
Thanks for stopping by!