Hi Guys, it’s good to be back at the Hodgepodge! My thanks to Joyce, who has a LOT going on these days and still made time to host our little gathering!
1. What would you say is the best and worst thing about moving house?
The best thing? Well I am looking at this as a good move to a beautiful new place, so there is that. It’s always nice to have a new and different home.
The worst? Going through all of your STUFF!!! This next move for us is going to be a purge-fest. We have 31 years of life we need to sort through, with huge amounts to get rid of!
2. What’s moved you recently?
An old friend passed away on September 29th and her funeral was last week. Watching her family rally around her, and manage all of her care in her last days was very moving. Her funeral was a celebration of a life firmly grounded in her Christian faith. Our pastor spoke touchingly of her desire to live a life of caring for and serving others, while loving her family well. I was moved.
3. Do you feel your life is moving forward, backward, or is on hold? How so?
A little bit moving forward, a little bit on hold. Time is marching on, I see the changes. Kids grown, graduations, a wedding, life changes. But we are also a little on hold. Honey will be retiring in about a year or so and it feels a bit like we are on pause until we get there. We are anticipating some changes, we just don’t know what they will look like!
4. On the move, move mountains, get a move on, it’s your move, or bust a move...which phrase best applies to some aspect of your life right now? Explain.
I feel like I need to get a move on with this blog!! For goodness sake, I have been a poor blogger this summer! I think I have just gotten out of the habit. I have busy mornings so I need to make sure I get to the computer in the afternoons or evenings. If I don’t, it appears I don’t blog. At ALL!
5. What song makes you want to get up and move?
Can’t Stop the Feeling by Justin Timberlake! Dance, dance, dance!
6. Your favorite snack to grab when you’re ‘on the move‘?
Probably mixed nuts. They are pretty portable.
7. What one accessory makes your house feel like home?
Hmmm, our kitchen table or the couch. We gather there.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Maybe I have been on the move a little bit. The weather has gotten a little cooler here in The Mitten. I switched over my summer/winter clothes and I made a pretty big dent in getting rid of our potted plants. Hung the fall wreath on the front door and hauled out all the pumpkin and fall decorations. That feels like victory to me!
Thanks for stopping by, have a good week!