Happy New Year!!!
Honey and I celebrated with lunch at Chip and Dip, binge watching Netflix, and enjoying some yummy Mexican dip and delicious chocolate/caramel apple from Kilwin’s, graciously gifted to us by The Peanuts Champ!! I made it up to midnight, then took my leave about 12;30. Feeling fairly proud of myself, some years I have not made it!
As I was strolling through the last year on the blog, what struck me the most was how little I posted. It made me sad but strengthened my resolution to do better in 2018. I make no promises, but know that it is my hearts desire to do a better job 🙂
Here are 17 of my favorite moments from 2017.
1. This was from our vacation last February. I made it the background for my phone. The funny thing about this picture is the backstory. We had met with a realtor to look at houses and condos, so it was a busy day. We had made plans to meet up with a friend that Honey used to work with and his wife for dinner. We arrived, were seated, and then waited. And waited. No couple. Honey finally texted and discovered that our plans were for the next night!!!!! Welcome to mid life!
2. This meme never fails to amuse me. It pokes a hole in the social justice warrior nonsense that feels the need to vehemently protest and complain about every.single.thing. so that everything is just a big pot of complaint stew. That is not to say that there are not things to protest about, but if you are outraged over EVERYTHING, people stop listening to ANYTHING you say. #notmygroundhog, still hilarious.
3. I don’t know why, but I love this one.
4. The Boy and I decided to correspond, this started his first letter. We so enjoy getting mail from each other!
5. My favorite snapshot from the previously mentioned vacation in Florida. Art by Mousey.
6. Father’s Day, Honey and his Girlies! ❤
7. Moonpie arrives!!! It’s really something to see your baby with their baby ❤
8. Our first introduction to the new grandbaby! We flew to Seattle in August when she was one month old. Grammy and Papa were christened.
9. This just makes me smile. Such passion, such angst, such an Angry Anderson!!!!
10. Labor Day at Gun Lake with our People. ❤ ❤ ❤
11. She is getting more animated! And more chins!
12. Nurse Lauren got married!!! Celebration in Pennsylvania!
13. Happy Halloween from the cutest little kitty cat we know!
15. Family unit 🙂
16. Moonpie modeling her new hat, love the tongue!
And 17. I think this is my verse for the year. I am feeling in need of restoration, not completely sure why. Some hope, peace and joy sounds like a winner to me. I will pray it for you too, everyone could use a little overflowing hope, peace and joy.
I will include this as one of Honey’s favorite moments of 2017! He has always wanted to be voluntarily bumped off a flight and it finally happened!
Happy New Year Friends, let’s make it a good one!