1. February can be a little bit tricky given the weather and the winter and the whatnot. I read a list (here) of things you can do to make your February brighter which included-start planning your next trip, take more baths, make your own chocolate covered strawberries, and exercise in preparation for swimsuit season. Anything on the list you might try? Which suggestion on the list appeals to you most? Tell us something not on the list that helps make your February brighter.
The thing I like best about a Michigan winter is getting out of Dodge for a few weeks!! We are planning a trip to The Sunshine State, so that is the most appealing one to me. A very close second would be a scrumtrulescent chocolate treat around Valentine’s Day, that makes the world brighter! As for what helps make the month brighter? Let’s say the knowledge that there are most likely only 2 more months of Mitten weather!
2. Tell us about something you’ve seen or done recently that you’d say was ‘super’?
Every time we see this little nugget on the computer she is doing something Super! Our Grandbaby MoonPie is 7 months old and is all about movement!!
And just all around super cute!
3. Best thing you ate in a ‘bowl’ last week?
I made a yummy soup for the Super Bowl. I used a recipe for dream cheese chicken chowder and substituted ground beef and eliminated corn for the sake of our Keto diet. It was a nice change and met the need for Mexican and comfort food. Win/win.
4. Something you’re ‘cheering’ for right now?
First up, I WON THE SUPER BOWL THINGY!!!!!! Anyone who knows me can tell you that I.do.not.care. about all things athletic because I am sportally challenged! I wasn’t even going to fill out my spots but Honey said I had to, This caused me to wrack my brain to make choices about things I have zero/ minimal knowledge of. I would like to point out that Honey and The Peanuts Champ DO care about these things and they had reasons for the answers they chose, while I am there all willy nilly selecting things on the basis of a bunch of random. And WINNING i might add! So YAY Capri K!!!
I will also be cheering for the good old United States of America in the Olympic games!! And also for Canada, land of Honey’s birth. Hockey can be very complicated and conflicting for him, especially during the finals. I will try and explain his thinking. He roots for the USA to win UNLESS the USA is not in the game, then he cheers for Canada. BUT, if the USA is in the finals with Canada, then he totally jumps ship and becomes a full fledged Canadian once again and cheers on the Canadians!!! The reason? Because Canada invented hockey and they deserve to win. He is really still standing on guard for thee, wearing a maple leaf touk, with his pea meal bacon sandwich, poutine, butter tarts and Tim Horton coffee.
He’s also the only person I know who actually enjoys and understands curling. So we’ll be cheering!!!!
5. The Winter Olympics begin Friday, February 9th in Pyeong Chang, South Korea. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being all in and 1 being no interest whatsoever) how interested are you in the games? Which event do you most want to see (you’ll find a list here).
Probably a solid 7-8. I watch events that I would not normally care about because I love the back stories. The games pretty much dominate our regularly scheduled viewing.
Our family has a long history of being fans of the ice skating. In the 90s we used to tape programs when the kids were small and they knew those events forward and backwards! That was the heyday of Kristy Yamaguchi, Scott Hamilton, Kurt Browning, Ekaterina Gordeeva & Sergei Grinkov, Yuka Sato, Katarina Witt, Paul Wylie, Tara Lupinski, Michelle Kwan and Nancy Kerrigan. We are not up on the current skaters but we will enjoy watching them nonetheless!
As I said, Honey is all about the hockey. He watches the men and women, morning, noon and night. And DVR.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Here is the Way Back When-sday part of the post. It’s a beauty from around 1993 when The Ab-Cat was around 4 and The Boy was around 2. This picture amuses me so, such a perfect snapshot of their personalities at this age! Abby was fearless and steering that dragon like it was her J.O.B.! The Boy on the other hand is looking mighty scared and not liking this new venture! At all! He grew out of it and gladly joined his sister on all the roller coasters they encountered 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!