Happy first day of summer! Click on the button below if you would like to link up. Here we go!
1. The first day of summer rolls in later this week. What are ten things you’d put on your list of quintessential summer activities? Will you try to manage all ten this summer?
Going to get ice cream, making smores around the fire pit, eating dinner on the patio, going to my aunt and uncles cottage on Gun Lake, playing cards there, riding bikes, South Haven with the Caregroup gals, family swim day in our pool, dinners with friends, and BBQ!!!. We will try to get it all in!
2. Do you collect seashells when you’re at the beach? What do you do with them once you get them home? What’s your favorite place to comb for seashells? How many of these ‘best beaches for hunting seashells’ have you visited? Which one would you most like to visit?
Calvert Cliffs State Park (Maryland), Jeffrey’s Bay (South Africa), Sanibel Island (Florida), Shipwreck Beach (Lanai Hawaii), Ocracoke Island (North Carolina), Galveston Island (Texas) and The Bahamas
I do! We like to walk on the beach so for the last few years we have kept our eyes pealed for heart shaped shells and rocks, and other pretty shells. These are some of my finds
I don’t remember shelling when I went to The Bahamas, but we have done some on Sanibel. I will pick Hawaii because Honey has never been and I would like for him to go.
3. At a snail’s pace, shell out money, come out of your shell, go back into your shell, drop a bombshell, happy as a clam, clam up...which ‘shell’ phrase could most recently be applied to some event or circumstance in your life? Explain.
Probably shell out money, don’t we all? Right now we have 2 cars that need attention, a pool problem and a busted hedge trimmer. Sounds like money shelling out to me.
4. What summer activity do you dislike? Why?
I’m going to say cutting the grass. It’s not so much the activity I dislike, it’s more the heat and humidity makes me feel like I’m going to spontaneously COMBUST.
5. What’s something you see as quickly becoming obsolete? Does that bother you?
On the lighter side, land lines, road maps and letters in the mail. On a sadder more serious side, the art of conversation, children playing outside, common sense, the ability to disagree with someone without screaming long names at them, humility, class, honesty, integrity, comprehending that we sometimes need to focus on what unites us instead of always focusing on what divides us.
It bothers me. A lot.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
As I mentioned above, today is the first day of summer. I know this because 26 years ago today, at 3:07 in the morning, I had our son on the first day of summer! A precious, sweet, boy who brought joy and laughter to our life.
And noises and mischief!
And that same Boy is due to have his own baby in 9 days! We have been writing letters and they are full of his excitement to meet his daughter. I told him his life is about to change forever.
He said he already loves her so much! But like The Grinch, your heart grows three sizes more when you actually meet them!
He and The Dane called yesterday because they were writing in the baby book and needed some names and dates for the family tree. For a minute I thought they were calling to tell us some news!!!! You never know!
They are so ready to meet their baby girl!
I also told The Boy that the feeling you have for your baby never goes away. Even when you look at your big grown son you think the words from one of our favorite books;
I’ll love you forever, I’ll like you for always, as long as I’m living my baby you’ll be.
Happy Birthday Boy, your world is about to change, and you will never want to go back.
Thanks for stopping by.