Hi Guys, it’s good to be back, here we go!!
1. April is National Jazz Appreciation Month. Are you a fan? If so what’s a favorite you’d recommend to someone new to jazz listening?
I am not a fan of jazz, sorry.
2. Mandolin, ukulele, harp, accordion or banjo…which would you be most interested in learning to play? Or do you already play one of the instruments listed?
Hmmm, no desire to play any of those.
3. Do you judge a book by it’s cover? Elaborate. You may answer in either/both the literal or figurative sense of the word.
Literally, I probably do! I have been known to put a book back on the library shelf if it looked too …cheesy. I have also recently discovered that I don’t want to read a big, heavy, hard cover book. I had the hardest time holding onto one of Ken Follett’s newer books! It was so big and bulky I eventually downloaded it onto the Kindle. So I’m a little judgey on the gigantic hard cover. I also prefer to take a certain size and thickness of a book on vacation. I have judged some too tall, too thick, and believe it or not, too small. Not a fan of the small, many paged paperback either. Whoa, I sound very hard to please!
In the figurative sense, if I’m being honest, I probably do somewhat. I try and be friendly and kind to everyone, but I have silently judged some parents who had absolutely wretchedly behaved children. I may have even whispered judgment to whomever was with me. I judge pushy and rude folks also. Some people act like they were raised by wolves.
4. According to a recent study the ten most nutritious foods are-almonds, cherimoya (supposed to taste like a cross between a pineapple/banana), ocean perch, flatfish (such as flounder and halibut), chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, swiss chard, pork fat (shocking! but I don’t think they mean bacon), beet greens, and red snapper. Are any of these foods a regular part of your diet? Any you’ve never ever tasted? Which would you be most inclined to add to your diet?
I regularly have almonds, and occasionally have chia seeds, pumpkin seeds. We love halibut, but it’s pricey, so we don’t have it as often as we would like. Honey is going fishing in Alaska this summer and we are hoping he brings home a BUNCH!
I am not surprised about the pork fat. I grew up in the low fat era and just about everything they preached has turned out to be garbage. I remember our family switching from butter to margarine, from lard to Crisco. We have now come full circle back to butter and lard.
I would love to try the cherimoya! Have never even heard of that one.
5. Besides a major holiday what is the most recent thing you’ve celebrated with your people? Tell us how.
We celebrated my Dad’s 80th birthday last weekend!!!!!!! I blogged about it here.
His best friend Mrs. H had us all over for a lovely dinner and dessert!
Happy Birthday to The Grandpa!!!! ❤ ❤ ❤
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Our Michigan weather has been all over the board lately!!!! We have had warm days, in the 20s, snow, all in a 24-48 hour span! We call that “Pure Michigan”, like The Mittens slogan!
There is a rumor that it will be in the 60s today and tomorrow, with some 70s on Friday! I’m trying not to get too excited though, they are predicting flurries over the weekend. We are just trying to do the best we can up here!
BUT, I did see proof of life on Sunday! The Bradford pear is tryin’!
Thanks for stopping by!