This was not how I planned to do this, but I am rolling with the flow! Still trying to think blog-ally, but after lying dormant so long, it’s proving difficult! Mousey gave me a couple ideas for posts to come, so there is that! 🙂
7. Keelyody, my walking buddy and I decided that last Friday was our last walking day of the season. When we set out that morning the temps were in the 20s, but we did not count on the arctic breeze that was causing our faces to hurt. We cut it short after one side of her subdivision. Some years we have walked into December, and once even walked a few times after Christmas! I am thankful for a walking buddy who agrees that it is a good thing for us to do, and is ready to go at 7:30, 3 mornings a week! The world is now going to have to go solo, because we will not be there solving all the problems 🙂
I am also thankful to walk with my pal Jip the Farm Dog on Wednesday and Thursday mornings from the time BSF lets out in May until we go back in September! Once again, what will the world do without us?!
8. After many years of similarity, our holidays have undergone a change. First was my Mother’s passing, then my cousins married and moved from the area, sometime after, The Boy followed suit. Our latest change has been the early departure of Uncle Bob and Aunt Phyllis to their Florida home. They have had good reasons, like the births of grandchildren, and the desire to help their daughter, Girl Cousin Lindsay, with the preparation of our traditional holiday meal for her extended family. It’s all good, but we miss their presence ❤
They are heading down this week and we wanted to get together before they left, so we all looked at our calendars and the 8th was the date that accommodated the most. Everyone but Mousey and The Usher were in attendance, they had travelled down to Ohio for his family celebration of Thanksgiving. I am thankful for my Aunt and Uncle and the years of memories we share. The Lord has put us in each others lives for His good purposes, and I am grateful to Him for them.
9. I was hoping for a nice relaxing Saturday after the family gathering the night before, but Honey had other ideas. He thought it would be a perfect day to do a leaf raking and final mowing and edging of the lawn. In hind sight, it was a perfect day, because we got a ton done before the snow moved in. Here is our frozen tundra now. Leaves are still falling, but I’m thankful we got rid of a lot!
10. I believe I may have mentioned that we are going to be celebrating a wedding in 2020! There are many i’s to dot and t’s to cross before that occurs, but we took a giant step closer in the planning on Sunday! We had looked at 3 venues for the wedding reception last month, each nice in their own way, but Mousey was fairly certain she was going in the direction that a friend had recommended to her. She had been in conversation with the representative of the venue and they had both of her dates available. She then was in discussion with a photographer, who also had both dates open. Honey had spoken to our pastor a while back in passing and told him of the upcoming event and asked a little about pre-marital counseling, he said no problem, just give him a call. I realized Sunday morning while driving to church that we had not actually asked if the church was available!
I prayed to see the two ladies I thought might be able to help me ascertain that information, because Mousey’s venue choosing appointment was the next day and the church office is closed that day. Sure enough the Lord had one of the sweet gals right in the lobby as we walked in. She said she would go check and have the answer for me after church.
All that to say; the church is available!!!
11. I am thankful for our veterans. They have sacrificed and put their lives on hold in service to our country and its citizens.
I am grateful to these men in my immediate family who answered the call and were willing to go where their country needed them. My Dad/ The Grandpa- United States Air Force, Uncle Bob-United States Marine Corp, my Father-United States Army, and Beeve-United States Marine Corp. Thank you Gentlemen for your service ❤
12. You may have heard that The Mitten had a little snow yesterday. Normally I do not go out when we have treacherous driving conditions, except when they happen to fall on Wednesday and Thursday BSF mornings. It started snowing in the wee hours yesterday morning, which made The Usher very happy, because at his job, snow means plowing, and that equals OVERTIME! Unfortunately, it snowed all doggone day and that did not bode well for Honey and I and our long awaited, 2:30 dental appointment. We braved the weather and s l o w l y went. Thankful for safety when we saw many cars in the ditch!